Search This Blog

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ouija Board: The First Possession & the Bomoh

In one of my last posts, I mentioned about the Ouija Board, and my failure to close a session.

The days after, a new school week had started, and I remember I was in a Costings class, with my good friend beside me.

I started out pretty okay that day, but suddenly, I started developing a fever.

Then I begin to get the shivers, my hands and feet jittering uncontrollably. 

It was a blur to me, but I do recall vaguely having the feeling of being 'taken over'. Something wanted to gain control of my physical body, but I was trying to fight it.

My friend had some knowledge of these things, and she immediately scribbled out part of a religious scripture to me and asked me to read it. 

I tried and failed - not once, but quite a few times.

She knew then that there was really big problem at hand.

She immediately alerted the teacher and said I was feeling unwell, and needed to go to the sick bay. The teacher sent us off, and my friend had to literally half-carry, and half-drag me to the sick bay by then. 

I was turning into quite an emotional wreck, coz the fever was getting intense and I was scared out of my wits - just trying to control my body.

My friend called my then ex boyfriend to pick me up, and that he did within an hour.  

Without wasting any time, he drove me to see this old man he knew.

I had never seen this guy before, but the moment I was in his presence, the sick feeling disappeared and I was feeling normal once again.

The man in question was a bomoh.

At the time, I hadn't any clue to bomohs and what they do, but little did I realise that I was soon to be exposed to this dark world.

Bomohs are considered traditional medicine men in South East Asia, shamans of the East, or witches or wizards.  They can be either good or bad bomohs, and the one which I met, he leaned towards the darker side of things.

I only found that fact out a few years down the road.

In any case, prior to meeting me, I didn't realise that he had sent my ex bf on a shopping trip - to buy pieces of coloured cloth, string and some other things which I can't recall now - but I remember thinking that these were odd things.

Photo Illustration Only - courtesy of Google Images

Possession makes memory slightly vague, so please bear with me.

When I came to the bomoh, these items were already there, and he proceeded to do his 'thing'. We were quite literally out in public, sitting at a coffeeshop. He started to mumble under his breath, taking the cloths and items, and rolling it up, and using the string to tie everything together.

There was some light banter between him and my ex bf. But I didn't understand much of what was spoken - I just wasn't paying them much attention.

In any case, after that day, I was back to normal (or so I thought), and nothing happened for a couple weeks.


That was, until I had my next attack...which I will talk about in a future post....



No comments:

Post a Comment