Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Office....

I used to work an early shift.

By early, I meant having to come into the office by 6am.

Initially, I had to do it alone. 

Imagine being the only living soul in a large open concept office environment, where the tiniest sound or movement is magnified.

My first week, I had the pleasure of 'meeting' the resident spirits.

One was a small shadow that zipped in front of my colleague's desk, as I was doing my work.

The other was a tall shadow that stood solemn and sentry-like, at the photocopy machine about 5 metres away from me.

Then came the sighs.  They sighed, made audible whisperings, right next to my ear!

Just to test my bravery or just for fun - I don't know.

There was never any discernible message.

It got to a point that it was distracting me from work, so my solution was simple.

I got my earphones on, and blasted music whilst doing work.

Ignoring them was my solution then, if things got too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment